Pregnancy pillows are specially designed to provide extra comfort and support to the changing contours and curves of your body during pregnancy. They can work wonders in easing aches and pains as your body changes, and have seen an increase in popularity over recent years.
Here are some of the benefits of using a pregnancy pillow for sleep:
- Alleviate aches and pains: Pregnancy pillows can offer support against aches and pains. This discomfort can be more pronounced as you gain weight during pregnancy, and a pregnancy pillow can help relieve this by supporting the extra weight while you sleep.
- Enhance blood circulation: Pregnancy pillows can make sleeping on your side more comfortable, which becomes increasingly important as your pregnancy progresses. Sleeping on your left side is often recommended for pregnant women, as it promotes good blood circulation to the pelvic area and legs.
- Increase sleeping hours: A pregnancy pillow can help you get a better night's sleep by providing support to your back, shoulders, neck, legs, and tummy. This can help reduce restlessness and insomnia, allowing you to get more hours of restful sleep.
- Muscle relaxation: Good support gives your muscles a chance to relax. Positioning your pillow to support your hard-working muscles provides much-needed muscle relaxation.
- Support: Get good support for your back, shoulders, neck, legs, and tummy. If you have back and neck pain, try lying on your side in a “half-fetal” position using a flexible pregnancy pillow to provide support to your spine and shoulders while helping align your hips and legs.
In summary, using a pregnancy pillow during sleep can provide numerous benefits for pregnant women. It can help alleviate aches and pains, enhance blood circulation, increase sleeping hours, promote muscle relaxation, and provide support to various parts of the body.
So if you're pregnant and having trouble sleeping, consider getting a pregnancy pillow to help you get the rest you need! ??